This year’s Bon Appetit Ottawa is going to be bigger and better than ever before. Going into it’s 18th year – this glamorous cocktail party helps over 20 local charities and puts you in a room with over 90 restaurants, caterers, wineries and breweries… and me!! That’s right. In a classic case of me biting off more than I can chew, I have agreed to be part of the new “small bites alley” a spot to showcase smaller restaurants (less than 40 seats) and new food and beverage businesses.
The idea is that producers in the small bites alley have one bite samples and change through the night so you get to see quite a variety of the amazing food Ottawa is producing. This is all on top of the larger plates and samples offered by the larger local businesses! So who is going to be there? For a complete list click here - but here are just a few of the participating vendors:
- Angry Dragonz : love love love this food truck!
- Hooch Bourbon House: after reviews like this one from FoodiePrints, how could I not be excited?!
- Fifthtown Artisan Cheese: there was a bit of a shock when this awesome cheese maker in PEC closed down for a bit, but with new owners they are back! Can’t wait.
- Top Shelf Preserves: Like awesome things? You are going to love this
- MeNa: yes it is just down the street from me, and I could go anytime, but I can’t wait to see what they come up with for this awesome event.
But seriously – so many, many more amazing people going to be there. One of them should be you!
Here’s the nitty gritty:
Place: EY Centre, 4899 Uplands Drive, Ottawa
Date: Tuesday May 6, 2014
Time: 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased by clicking here: $85 ticket comes with a $50 tax receipt.